Becker is a renowned author and SEO developer who has always managed to make money online by helping businesses perfect their websites and marketing strategies. He originally created Source Market as a prototype and then turned it into the online marketplace brand Konker.io. He has written books like The 10 Pillars of Wealth. Through his teachings, other internet marketers have seen that they can make a lot of money online. When he came out with Konker.io in 2016, he received a lot of praise for the business model but the idea didn't fully take off.
What is Konker?
In the beginning, Konker was a site for freelancers to sell their services online. Other sites like Upwork make it difficult for sellers and take a huge cute. That’s not what Alex Becker wanted to do. His idea was to create a marketplace where sellers could have their own page and sell their services freely, while buyers could come to the website to pick and select services that they needed for their marketing and web development teams.
Our team took this information and started to wireframe out their backend of the website. Since the design was already done, our team would be responsible for coding a magnificent user experience for both buyers and sellers.
A B2B User Experience
Our client wanted a marketplace that both buyers and sellers could use without any crossfire. This meant that we had to use dynamic code to go from sign up to account management to work listings to profile pages. There was a lot of different content to program so that it worked seamlessly whether you were a business looking for a service or you were a contractor listing your services.
Creating the Perfect Freelancer Profile Page
The “Sellers” area needed a detailed profile page with the ability to load up a portfolio, picture, descriptions of products, and so forth. There was even a catalog of services that had to be built.
Our client wanted sellers to be able to see how much they were earning as well. Part of the seller’s earnings also came from commissions on other services that the buyer purchased. So it behooved the sellers to recommend Konker as well. So we had to be able to incorporate a code system that would help sellers track their buyers as well.
It was necessary to build out the interface, keeping user experience in mind at every step of the way.
- Seller or freelancer would sign up, then move into profile creation.
- After setting up a profile, they would be able to add services, including pictures and descriptions of those services.
- They got their own profile link to market their services with.
- They could also post their services to the marketplace on Konker once finalized.
- Sellers can track their earnings, see views of the profile, and track what services are most popular.
Ultimately, the sellers area is the main selling point. If sellers are able to easily set up their services and their profile pages appeal to buyers, Konker would be a success.
So how does the buyer’s area work?
Getting Businesses to Notice Your Services
There are a ton of marketplaces out there that sell all types of freelance services, but do they actually help anyone get a product done efficiently and fast? There are too many marketplaces out there that can scam you as well.
We set out to create a buyer’s marketplace interface that was polished, clean, and easy-to-use. We wanted buyers to go from sign up to seeing featured freelancers or being able to search for a freelancer.
We used predictive search to help the buyer look for services that pertained to the keywords he was looking for, while also taking into consideration what freelancers were most active and had the best ratings.
- Buyers sign up on the home page and go into profile creation.
- Once through with their profile, they can begin searching or browsing through all freelancer profiles and services.
- The search feature has filters and sorting options to make it easier to find the freelancer that you want.
- Freelancers have reviews, ratings, and portfolios that buyers can use to determine the quality, but Konker also has a quality score that is built into the algorithm.
- Once a buyer selects a freelancer, they can purchase a service, message the seller, or create a new project for the seller to work on.
- Buyers have secure payment options and can checkout in one-click once they find the service they want to buy.
- Buyers receive notices during every step of the process: when the project is started, when hours are completed on the work, and other milestones are achieved.
- Once the service is finished, buyers can accept the work or if they are not happy with it, they can receive a refund. They also have the opportunity to rate and review the seller.
We wanted buyers to have a smooth experience from sign up to searching, and we wanted to make it easier for them to find services that are clearly marked and labeled. The structure of the website is meant to direct them to services that they already need.
Navigation and Structure of Konker.io
The site had to be easy to navigate with different menus for buyers and sellers. In this way, the site had to dynamically recognize each other’s classification and serve up the right content.
- Dynamic and Rich Content: We wanted to make sure that the HTML site would be able to load different sections quickly and dynamically based on the inputs of the user. If a buyer was looking at SEO services, then we wanted him to see all of the possibilities including popular services for SEO, best portfolio work from SEO sellers, and so forth.
- Dependency Injection: We also wanted to make it easier for components to move with the user wherever they decided to go on the website. This meant that if they had previously browsed a seller or wanted to check on their order history, they could go back and see their own activity on the website.
- Higher Quality Code: With Angular, we were able to create a really organized structure for the website. All of the components are separate but work together, so that you work with child components. This makes future development incredibly easy. We can build and scale Konker depending on what new features our client wants.
Our team set out to build a strong, secure online marketplace for freelancers and buyers that would be much different than other internet service marketplaces out there. Our client was keen on something that would help sellers make more money online, while also giving buyers the ability to find services very quickly at no risk.
The result is a website that has a very secure backend that can easily scale up. The marketplace is fast, easy-to-use, and dynamic, allowing the user to customize and quickly find what they want. Sellers are able to have their own service catalogs online, while also being able to market their services independently.
In addition, we wanted to build in an affiliate tracker mechanism that would allow sellers to track their earnings as they brought in buyers from different places on the web. Since sellers are able to earn with their services as well as recommending Konker.io, it was also important that they could track these payments through their account profile.
From the Source Market prototype to the new Konker, we have enjoyed working with our client to create something totally unique that really benefits freelancers online.
Now that Konker.io has a new user experience and dynamic marketplace, we believe that he will also be able to conquer the online marketplace world just as he has with SEO and internet marketing.
Want to create a marketplace that would be beneficial?Contact Us
See Our Other Works
Market Hero Website Development
This case shows what are some of the main aspects of creating a Market Hero website for a successful marketer like Alex Becker
Shopify Funnel Builder
TriFunnels helps customers increase store revenue with a Shopify funnel builder that would take away half of the guesswork.